Defective electrical wiring can be a serious fire risk to your home, it can also present an electric shock hazard to your family.
Professional House Rewiring
Rewiring can be one of the most daunting home renovation projects. Dumac takes the time to guide you through the whole process, from the initial electrical safety check, to the rewire assessment and plan. Dumac provides detailed quotes and ensures all work is up to Australian Standards and specific city codes. Upon rewiring completion and inspection, Dumac issues the compliance certificate.
Does My House Need Rewiring?
There are several signs which indicate your home could need rewiring:
- Age– If your home is over 25-50 years old, chances are it will need to be updated to keep up to modern codes and standards.
- Tripping– Old wiring struggles to stand up to the demands of modern home appliances, often causing the safety switch or fuse to repeatedly trip.
- Damage– Loose or damaged wiring may cause an increase in current, which can result in a small fire that typically damages the power outlet. This can present in a discoloration, charring, or melting of the power point cover material.
- Burning smell– A persistent burning smell in the house that cannot be identified could indicate overheating of electrical wiring.
- Flood– If your home has experienced damage from flooding your wiring could become damaged or faulty. It’s best to get it inspected as soon as possible to avoid further damage to the house.
The Cost of Rewiring a House
The cost of rewiring a house can vary greatly depending on factors such as:
- Type of house
- Square footage of house
- Number of levels or stories
- Ease of access to wiring
- Number of large appliances
- Number of power points
- Number of light fixtures and switches
- Switchboard replacement requirements
We are happy to provide you with a detailed house rewire quote. Our quotes are always thorough, as we try our best to prepare our clients and prevent any surprises.